1.) Is there a trader (system)?
Traders can be bought in every universe via the store.
In all universes there is the possibility to find a trader in expeditions.

2.) What rates are available?
The rates of the system trader is different for each universe and is visible as soon as you call up the trader in the menu.
Between players you often trade in one of the following rates:
Metal : Crystal : Deuterium
5 : 3 : 2
4 : 2 : 1
3 : 2 : 1
2,5 : 1,5 : 1
2 : 1 : 1

Depending on what type of commodity is currently abundant in the universe, traders will offer one price or another.
There are also alliances that offer a better rate to protectors or trading partners, for example.

3.) How do I ask a trader?
Traders are, of course, just common players. The best thing to do is to write one of them a PM in the universe and ask him to send the message as a group mail in his alliance.
You could also join the inofficial Discord Server (https://discord.me/xorbit). There you will often meet players from other alliances, who are also looking for someone to trade with.

4.) How do I trade with this player?
At the latest 48 hours after the arrival of his fleet, yours must arrive with the agreed raw materials. (Mission Transport)
Whether you send the raw materials in one or several batches is up to you.

According to the General Xorbit Rules, the trade only has to be completed within 48 hours and must have been traded in a fair, or universe standard ratio.

5.) How do I make a profit as a trader?
Depending on supply and demand, you must have different rates.
example:
If someone wants metal, you trade at the rate (3:2:1) (metal : crystal : deuterium)
Does anyone want crystal, then the rate is (2:1:1)
If anyone wants deuterium, the rate is (4:2:1)
The more you trade the more profit you make (minus flight costs.)